How to Create a Successful Soccer Team | Teen Ink

How to Create a Successful Soccer Team

April 7, 2017
By nholler SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
nholler SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Ingredients -
1 goalkeeper
4 defenders
2 defensive midfielders
3 attacking midfielders
1 striker
1 coach
3 substitutes (specifically ones that can play anywhere besides goalkeeper)

Directions -

Start by training them and pushing them through vigorous practices so they are all able to play 90 minutes of soccer.

Then make them scrimmage vs the JV team so they can have some competition and make them work harder.

Then find out where the players should play and where they’re best at.

Put the 1 goalkeeper in the back to protect your goal (he should always wear a pink jersey with matching gloves and pink laces on his soccer cleats).

Next pick 4 players to play the defensive positions, one on the left and right and 2 in the middle.

Then put 2 defensive midfielders in the middle left of the field and the middle right of the field.

Now comes the attacking midfielders, put 1 in the middle, 1 on the left, and one on the right of the field.

The striker goes all the way at the top and plays in the middle of the field.

The coach will stand by the bench and will help direct the team when playing other teams.

The 3 substitutes will sit on the bench waiting for the coaches instructions.

The coach will also pick 2 players on the team to be the captains of the team, they will be like miniature coaches on the team.

If everything goes right then you should have a successful soccer team that will go on to win 11 games, tie 2 games (1 to

Arrowhead and 1 to Brookfield East), and lose 2 games to Marquette.