Burning Heart

Broken hearts can still survive
Through and through with no more lies
As I did, not long ago
While moving on awfully and terribly slow.

Watching as the clouds move on
Missing the moon as it's gone
Missing my smile, I had not long
Laughing and trying to make it strong

A genuine smile shall return
And from this, I shall learn
That to try to even yearn
Will only result in a burn.

addictwithapenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 9 at 9:50 am
My favorite part is “That to try to even yearn/ Will only result in a burn”. I suggest separating this poem into three stanzas based on the rhyme to improve flow. Also, I recommend adding a comma in line 3 to clarify the meaning; without one it is uncertain whether you mean “As I did, not long ago” (meaning you did this thing a short while ago), or “As I did not, long ago” (meaning you did not do this thing, a long while ago). I assume you mean the first but a comma would make it cle... (more »)

FluffyPanda427This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 15 at 9:50 pm
How do you edit something you already submitted?

JJ_LoneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 17 at 10:46 am
When you go to your work, underneath it should be "edit article"

Oct. 17 at 6:09 pm
Ok thank you so much

Oct. 17 at 6:44 pm
Oh wait there is no "edit article"...hmmmm :/

today at 10:42 am
i.imgur. com /Z6GYWZx . png

today at 10:42 am
Copy and paste it