Needy

i need you to kiss me like
you've never kissed anyone
before and show me that
everything will be okay.

i need you to play with my hair and

make me feel beautiful.

i need you to hug me so tight you put
all my broken pieces back
together.

i need to feel your touch
against my scarred and fragile
skin.

i need you to hold my hand
and make me believe that this life
is worth living.

i need you to
love me the way that i love
you.

quillwritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 26 at 6:41 pm
I like your use of all lowercase letters; it makes the poem feel more authentic in my opinion.

midnightmetanoiaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 27 at 8:57 am
Thank you, I really appreciate that! I actually tend to use all lowercase letters in my poetry, partially because I find it more aesthetically appealing, and partially because I feel it makes it seem more genuine and less formal. I've gotten some criticism for it though (from English teachers of course) because they say it makes it look rushed and unprofessional. I like it though so I've refused to change it haha :)

quillwritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 29 at 5:30 pm
I think that the unprofessional aesthetic works with this piece. It's a sad, and for lack of a better word, pathetic poem. That's what you were going for, of course, titling the poem Needy. You did a good job. (Also, if you have time, maybe you could check out my other pieces and leave some feedback please?)