This is Senior Year | Teen Ink

This is Senior Year

By Kacey31 BRONZE, Saint Peters, Missouri
Kacey31 BRONZE, Saint Peters, Missouri

This is senior year. The year where you have to try and get your life together. The year where you’re being pressured into going to a certain college like the St. Charles Community College, even though you clearly don’t want to go there. Even if it is just for two years. You want to enjoy your senior year, but it’s hard to when you have a job, tons of homework, tons of deadlines, stress about college, family, personal issues, and no motivation to do anything. You try to stay on top of things, but when you procrastinate, even just a little bit, you wind up getting so far behind, you don’t know where to begin. I took three college courses first semester, and that was my hardest semester of high school. I don’t know why I did that to myself. I feel like it’s benefitted me though, so I guess it was worth it. I will miss certain things about high school, but I can't wait till I graduate.

I wrote this poem because I feel like every high school senior can relate to this. I am enjoying my senior year, but I am super excited for college.