A Trip of a Lifetime | Teen Ink

A Trip of a Lifetime

By AnnikaD. BRONZE, Saint Peters, Missouri
AnnikaD. BRONZE, Saint Peters, Missouri

Do you remember when we took on Europe? We were those “stupid Americans” who were obnoxious and and too loud. Those were the best days of my life. Well, except for running over the person. He made it out alive so all is good. Oh, and the terrorist attack...and the fire on the Eiffel Tower. Still, life was great. Before all of that, do you remember me freaking out at the airport because I realized the gates at Lambert were downstairs. I had never been on an airplane before so I didn’t know these things. Then my passport was invalid not once, but twice. When we finally got on the airplane to head to Atlanta, do you remember Sommer, Blake, and I all screaming on the plane because none of us(who happened to sit next to each other) had been on a plane before so we didn’t know what a take off would feel like.
We finally landed in Paris. And boy was I tired. I was up for 24 hours already and it was only 6 am Paris time. We had a whole day ahead of us. Do you remember in the Louvre how we were so jetlagged we almost fell over the wall separating us from the Mona Lisa? Then I had to ask for directions back because I’m the only one who could speak French. To this day, I still have no idea to what the directions were because I didn’t understand the guy.
Do you remember this being the first day of the best days of our lives? I do. I will remember it for the rest of my life.

I went to Europe over the summer. We had to write some sort of reflection of a memory. Since Europe changed my life for the better, and is constantly on my mind, I decided to write about Europe!