Time Waits For No One | Teen Ink

Time Waits For No One

By thecolorlessrainbow BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey
thecolorlessrainbow BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey

¨Time¨

You flew by before I even had the chance to say hi, You snatched everything away from me before i could even blink an eye, The first set of lips I kissed turned into three sets of lips because you left me no time to reminisce. Remember the time when I started kindergarten in the fall, and before the winter even came I was somehow a freshmen in high school, did you not want to wait for me? Or even freeze for a minute to let me enjoy the good days of worrying about what flavor ice cream I wanted or crying because Raven and Devon didn't work out, or how Miley and Jake couldn’t make it work through the bad times. It's like you fast forward my life without my consent, or without me even realizing that my childhood was going eight times faster than I originally thought. Now all I can do is start counting down the days until my senior year when yesterday I could only count up to the number ten. You haven't even allowed me to enjoy the last four years I had to spend with my long term friends, and even though you rushed us apart we will always be friends in the end. I hope you can find a way to steady your rapid heart and let my friends and I dance until the end of time on prom night. Before you seize me away from my father’s arms, and throw me before the pastor and when only a second pasts by  you eventually whisper I do, before I even have a chance to open my mouth and I'm swept off my feet by a man, A man I feel like I knew for all of two seconds, but in reality it was another 6 years that was fast forward without me even realizing it and in that moment I finally understood why my life flashed before my eyes and it’s because, time waits for no one

This poem is about how time flies before a person can even realize it. Now that I am about to be a senior in high school I see that I have grown up very fast.