The Colored Truth | Teen Ink

The Colored Truth

February 1, 2017
By hansondrysdale BRONZE, Chestnut Ridge, New York
hansondrysdale BRONZE, Chestnut Ridge, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No matter what happen, still press on"


 We live in a harsh world and that's the deal. There is prejudice against blacks and that's for real.

There is no equality and no justice for the youth, there is only crime and violence, and to be honest that's the truth.
The wiser keep say, look forward, keep focus, don't mind the attacks but how are we supposed to be successful with all the targets on our backs.
Martin Luther King had a dream of the world that he envisioned but all that we see is a world that is in division.
We have to keep our hands up so they don't shoot because there is no mercy on the hoodie they only respect the suit.
And even if the trigger is pulled and blood is spilt, no justice is served they expect us to sit.
And sometimes it doesn't even matter what you wear. If you're black and young you should live in fear.
We live in a society that chooses to believe that we should follow whatever whites decide and this mentality is going to end in our own genocide.
Never take for granted who you are and how you look because our ancestors have suffered tremendously to survive slavery; they fought for what they wanted and got their liberty.
And we think this fact should alleviate our pain but we are losing touch with our heritage that runs deep within our vein.
So let's stay united and work together because we are black and our lives matter.


The author's comments:

This is a piece on the treatment of colored people in America.