stitches | Teen Ink

stitches

January 26, 2017
By XxlostwoodsxX88 BRONZE, Yukon, Oklahoma
XxlostwoodsxX88 BRONZE, Yukon, Oklahoma
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Walking, aimless… unguided. Faded eyes heaving, craving life, desire. Shadows smiling with slitted grins. Did I truly love who I was becoming or the idea of possibility?

With every step my mind takes two back. The threads of time stripping my skin and altering my face. Mindless words said and passed. shadows tapping up my shoulders and whispering in my ears. Regrets never forgotten… never truly.

I feel naïve, untrained in a world I don't belong. Snarling, whistling. Brush moved with unease as creatures lurked untamed ready to launch. Torches, flickering, competing with the moon, held high so the path would be eliminated with yellow and crimson.

With every breath my lips chip. The threads of longing stripping my heart of blood. Mindless thoughts linger long before any possible release. Temptation slides it's hands against roots, fresh for growing. Dead bones for licking just waiting for them to awaken.

I feel like I'm sinking into the stones shimmering of gold and decaying with mold. For what I find joy is lost in memory, sending only beads of a lost soul into the path I walk. waving hands, Distractions say I'm here but it's only behind glass I see them. Touch the smoothness, but never feeling the heat behind it.

With every innocent glance sends shivers down my spine. Threads of patients rushed and halted with stinging words that bleed us until nothing but dangling skin is left. Mindless demands, slow… run away before it's time to let the masks fall. Wait, it's no good to play a game if you don't know how to pretend.

I feel Shadows grinning in my yellow glow. A lure for my ignorant self. Step one, step two, follow the stars sparkling, wishing to fly, but is trapped merely in a rusted reflection. Bang harder, shout louder so the top of the waves splash open. see through that shifting face with foam boiling up to the surface. Rippling away from the middle, tears fall into the shallowness of moss.

With every tear that falls a new vine of growth spirals into visibility. Threads of possibility smeared into light, glowing, transforming into creatures of beauty. Mindless actions seemingly unchanging, feeling the void of loneliness. Bottles of whisky chiming on the trees as the night shines through them with glistening stars. silhouettes of fantasies humming by my ears and kissing my neck as they ride through the glass and into the oceans shining with all their might.

I feel naïve for… not keeping words hidden and leaving them out for show. The paths before me swirl through my life like some kind of ironic dance that no one but the crafter can predict. I wish I could tiptoe past all the monsters and tricksters and look under all the rocks they're hiding under just to see the picture of their beings. I want to hold hands with one that longed for peace, maybe then he could point at all the don't’s and smile when I did them anyways cuz boundless is never tamed.

With every beat of my heart, I can't mask my smile when it comes to show itself. Threads of love hug you tight and wish you never leave. Mindless chiming of bells and whistles for the petals drifting with the life given and the memory never to die. Sweet embrace for that I miss. Let the lanterns burn in fantasy maybe there they will forever burn, and in the swirling path darkness will forever lay with molding stones that just shimmer with faded gold.

Walking, aimless… unguided. Fears smiling with every broken flower swirling in the hands of a child. For what place should I be, I don't belong in my world for it is too small it seems. The possibility I hoped for, it's a flower… so delicate and dying faster than the water can bring it to life. I hum slowly walking alone in the night on the path filled with shadows. The flower pressed to my lips. The threads pulling me further and further into a world I don't belong… I'm untrained for that my little world shrinks into invisibility.


The author's comments:

Inspired by my own mind. Everything is just floating around me like paths as to what I should do. how I should feel. I don't know which I should follow. It's not really confusion, more curiousity. it's like I wanna follow all of them at the same time to see where they go, but I know I can't choose all of them, yet all of these factures keep moving me along when I just want to stay put and decide what to do.