One Lonely Moon | Teen Ink

One Lonely Moon

January 9, 2017
By kjean GOLD, Pewuakee, Wisconsin
kjean GOLD, Pewuakee, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

He’s the only ones who watches me. But I am not the only one who sees him. One lonely moon with shaded craters and bright light on a still night. One who stands alone in the midst of a universe. One bright moon to be the guide when it’s too dark to walk alone. From any angle, we can see him, but most just close their curtains to block out the light and not thank him for the path he illuminates.
His perseverance is his secret. He’s looking over me despite my doubts in him. He watches you learn to speak and he watches you learn to walk and fall when the ground slips from beneath you and cry when it feels impossible to get up and then sees you stand on both feet smiling. This is how he gives you strength.
Let one forget his importance, they’d all walk blindly in the dark, each with their eyes closed trying to feel their way through. Stay up, up, up he says when I fall. He’s loyal.
When I am too lost and too blind to get up, when I am a stuck against the whole universe, then it is I look to the moon. When there is nothing left to admire in the darkness. One who stayed despite the doubt. One who stays and does not regret it. One whose only request is a little faith.