My Black Is Beautiful | Teen Ink

My Black Is Beautiful

January 9, 2017
By Dazhsa BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Dazhsa BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the writing titled My Black Is Beautiful written by Jade Kiss I felt sad but glad and in powered about how her black was beautiful left me feeling glad to be who I am my reaction to the selection was that I agree with the lady in the story she tried to stay true to her roots and stay true to herself. I can relate because I go to an all white school basically and everything they do, wear, or say is different then me. Such as my hairstyles are usually different from theirs because I like to wear braids and weave and when I don’t wear that I’m wearing an Afro. I totally understand her situation moving from where you were, where the people were like you or had the same interest as you to where no one is like you, they don’t want to get to know you because you are different such as you have thick thighs and lips with nappy and puffy looking hair. I see the same things in my school and town people try to change the way I look so I can look like them and fit in with them but, why cant we just be ourselves. This story was written very well it taught me a bunch on who I am and how I should stay the person I am and to not let any one else’s opinion of me change myself.