Mirror | Teen Ink

Mirror

By S.Malik BRONZE, Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Other
S.Malik BRONZE, Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Other

I was told by my therapist that my feelings don't make me a bad person since I am not letting them control my actions. But if only I were given a chance, without a second's thought, I know I would bow down to my heart. Am I a bad person?

So, now when I look into a mirror and my eyes fall upon the reflection of my eyes. That is the moment when my desires confront me. And I scream a scream, too loud for any human to hear. The scream whose frequencies hypnotizes the Devil to find his way to the same coldness as of his heart.  And he starts talking about all his bitter qualities with a calm that sets fire to my heart. As the fire begins to melt away the ice of my sensitive organ I begin to realize that those qualities are familiar to mine. That is when all the ice breaks apart, all the bones in me crack and I break into a million tiny pieces. 

The sight of the debris pleases the devil away with his laughter echoing all over the walls of the vacant room. And I am left all alone to deal with the mess I am. 

So, I take all the mirrors in the world and hit them on the walls one by one. Breaking them apart, crushing them into tiny tiny pieces. I reach out my bleeding hands and hold the pieces in them. Despite of their size, I see they still reflect. 

Whenever I would look into the mirror, they would tell me to smile because I am beautiful. The mirror shows me a truth I am never ready to stand. Please don't ask me to look into a mirror again.