The Girl in the Little Dipper | Teen Ink

The Girl in the Little Dipper

December 7, 2016
By AbbyRobinson SILVER, Jeffersonville, Kentucky
AbbyRobinson SILVER, Jeffersonville, Kentucky
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

She's the girl who fell to the earth and no one caught her.
The one with stars tattooed on her eyes because she has stared at them all her life.
The one who wears Saturn’s rings on her finger, each different and beautiful.
The one with a heart as spacious milky way galaxy itself.
The one who is as quiet as the vacuum of space.
Yet has a voice as big Jupiter.
The girl who drew the constellations in the sky like the art on the Sistine Chapel.
The one who hears your wishes and carries them to wherever you think they go.
The girl who talks to the man on the moon, and prefers to be in the dark.
The girl who takes your breath away.
Her looks suck you in like a black hole but her personality is so down to earth.
You can’t help but gravitate towards her.
However she'll only let you down like trying to see a solar eclipse without a telescope.
Because just like Mars she likes her past to be a mystery.
You’ll have to dig deep into her core but it's hard when she stays so far away.
So she'll leave and she'll stay in the emptiness of space.
In the home she's learned the call,
The Little Dipper.


The author's comments:

This is a poem about a dream I had about a girl in the little dipper and I wrote it down before I forgot about it. It doesn't have much significance other than it makes me happy and I'm proud of it.