Firefly (did you hear it?) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Did you hear it
Whisper
See it
Flicker
Feel it
Flutter
The idea
Inspiration
Firefly in your heart
Gone
In an instant
No time to capture.

hadiya.r14 said...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 9:22 am
I like it's soo pretty!

fallingdusk said...
Aug. 26, 2010 at 7:44 am
Quick, to the point, perfect!

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
amazing(; deffinitly tagged as a favorite

Sophia T. said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 11:50 am
Oh my gosh, you described the exact feelings and experience I have whenever I have an idea at this blinking moment and then it escapes me! Frustrating, isn't it?

ThermadorianGrey said...
I love pieces like this that use little linguistic flourishes without resorting to distorting the meaning of the piece to do so.  I'm quite impressed by your ability to include things like rough rhyme, rhythm, euphony, consonance, et cetera without stretching for words that fit.  It feels like it came very natural, and that's good.

Blooper195 said...
Love this poem. speaks to people in many different ways.

Electricity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with Anonymous... very nice, love it.

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 26, 2009 at 2:20 am
very lovely

SaraB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. I could never write something so powerful with only 27 words.

Anonymous said...
Simple, clean, and straightfoward. Oustanding writing using simplicity