Generations | Teen Ink

Generations

By phalynbaldwin SILVER, DETROIT, Michigan
phalynbaldwin SILVER, DETROIT, Michigan

What ever you love can be taken away so live like it's your dying day.

We live in a world where... People think that it's cool to bully people. But what happens when that little "joke" is over and there's no one left to bully? because that person's gone and you have to live with it for the rest of your life. You'll never know when someone's truly hurting inside.. that little cry for help that no one else heard, the black eyes and the bloody noses. They knew what was happening but never told. The only person that would care and would listen to them was the razor and their only protection was the pills, and they felt like a fish every time they dunked their heads in the water for a long time and all of a sudden.. their pain just goes away. And then what? What do you do with your life when they no longer have theirs? How do you live your life knowing that you're the reason that they took theirs?

We live in a world where... People care more about hair and makeup than anything else. They sit in front of the mirror for hours trying to fix their insecurities but you can't escape from the face you were born with. But the makeup's not enough, you need to look like a super model.

People think plastic surgery is the way to go, but in reality that's only making it worse. You were once all natural but then became a barbie doll for what? To impress people that wouldn't notice until you told them anyway? To make your boyfriend stay with you thinking that you look like a super model but he's not falling for the real you.. the all natural you... he's falling for the girl you wish that you were. The face that you drowned in make up because everyone falls for looks rather than personality.

We live in a world where... People are too afraid to be themselves because they know they'll get judged so they pretend to be like everyone else & hang around bad influences flushing their future down the drain for some friends that are only temporary and 10 years later they regret all their bad decisions and sins at the last minute realizing what they could've done.

The world needs change and only a few can see that. The ones trying to make a difference get unrecognized while the people who made the world miserable gets all the attention but when it's too late you're gonna wish you had of listened.

By writting this piece, I want my readers to understand the fact that this society will tear us apart left from right and I want people to open their eyes and see how bad this society really is and I would like for every one to try to fix it.

The reason I was insired to write this piece is because I want to spread the truth and when I open my eyes this is what I see happening... On social media, in person. And I just felt the need to write what I feel like is going on in the World right now mainly it's teenagers but I've witnessed some adults acting like this also.