Lonley At Fault | Teen Ink

Lonley At Fault

November 22, 2016
By Mac&kees BRONZE, Ridgeport, Texas
Mac&kees BRONZE, Ridgeport, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This story tells of a broken boy, with a broken heart, and a broken mind.

When you looked into my eyes, you’d see the empty black mind, left behind.

I was like the Bleeding Heart, picked once, buried twice.

 

I am the wolf, lonely as night, and thirsting for my own blood.

I was the razor that kept cutting deeper and deeper, bleeding uncontrollably.

“ The wound has healed and there is no pain” just the scar left behind.

 

I served my purpose, like an old kettle pot, rarely used, and ready to blow.

As a boy feeling lost, scared, and insignificant. It wasn’t a surprise when I failed my country.

I don’t care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul; and I want you to notice.

As I write these words in the journal I hide, from the people I love and keep hiding till I die.

 

I was like a ruby, always lost, never found, and nearly forgotten.

My emotions felt like water, pulling me up for a breath, then dragging me back down under to suffer some more.


The author's comments:

This poem is a tribute to the book "After The First Death" By Robert Cormier.