Where I'm From | Teen Ink

Where I'm From

November 10, 2016
By burgr21 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
burgr21 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Where I’m from is running in the sprinklers with sun tea sitting on the back porch waiting to be drank, with Barbie in one hand and ice cream in the other.


From forts in the living room with stories seeping out, with sleeping bags and too much candy, from pillow fights and excitement.


I’m from baking apple pies in the kitchen with Grandma, to playing outside with Grandad in the snow


I’m from Strawberry Shortcake, Scooby Doo, and Spongebob.
Waking up early on a Saturday morning just so I could see them, to eating Pops at the kitchen table with Ian.


I’m from sitting in my reading corner all day looking at books, to playing in the backyard with Sage.


I’m from long summer nights at the drive-in, to eating soggy popcorn with loads of butter and greasy salty fingers, to Frosties in one hand and pretzels  in the other sitting outside the car listening to the radio and looking at the stars.


I’m from heading to Target for school supplies, to heading back to school with my Barbie backpack with Kleenexes, pencils, and notebooks inside. To shopping for back to school outfits.


I’m from a small town with friendly people with friendly faces, to a welcoming school where “It’s a great day to be a Sage!”