I LOve Sailing

I love Sailing. I love skimming across the water as the wind pushes my boat forward. I love getting to know my competitors, and I love crushing them in them in the Windward Fleet Race. I love the heel of the boat when I go fast, the quick jibes, and graceful turns. I love the battle between the hot sunbeams burning my back and the cool, electrifying water drenching me. I love the immense, black waves that send my boat leaping through the misty air. I love the smooth feeling of control and the stressful excitement when the Main sheet gets caught on the transom and someone has to go untangle it before it capsizes.

I love having command over the boat. I love crewing, and I love giving orders when it’s my turn to skipper. I love sailing Beam Reach, Close Hauled, Broad Reach, Wing on Wing and everything in between. I live for the moment when I catch a powerful gust of wind that sends my boat charging into the horizon. I love the pungent smell of exhaust from the skiffs. I love losing to a great component, and I love the look on that someone's face when I slowly pass him on leeward heel, crossing the finish line two feet ahead of him!

Aubergine said...
yesterday at 9:10 am
Loved this! Really makes me want to learn to sail. Sounds so exciting.

shakespearewriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:54 pm
Thanks! @Aubergine