Unrequited | Teen Ink

Unrequited

October 25, 2016
By miatpham BRONZE, Houston, Texas
miatpham BRONZE, Houston, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"We Don’t See Things As They Are, We See Them As We Are"-Anais Nin


What do you do when you have an unrequited love?


Well, I wake up and live my life. I go on about my daily activities, keep myself distracted. I think about specific non specific things. Like what’s for dinner or what’s on TV. I’ll walk the dog that I don’t have and call all the friends I’ve made on impulse. Anything really. Just things to keep myself busy. Because if I don’t I’ll surely think about that unrequited love. And once I start I’ll most likely be unable to stop. I’ll try my hardest not to but it’s always a losing battle. I’ll realize that I was probably thinking about them the entire time, just playing in the background of my mind. It’s painful really, having an unrequited love. I mean what do you do when the one you adore doesn’t even know you exist. And there’s nothing to do about it because it just can’t be helped. There’s nothing you can do; crying is futile. The worst part though is that I’ve chosen to accept it. I accept what’s in my stupid heart and live with it. Because if I don’t I’ll surely be more sad than I am now if that’s possible. Sure it’s hard. It can be unbelievably hard sometimes. But at least I’m alive and at least I can have this love. When it’s impossible for silly things like romance to sprout it’s nice to know I can at least have this. Have this and know it’s mine.


The author's comments:

An answer to a question.