Your Inner Seed | Teen Ink

Your Inner Seed

By Jonathon Kreinberg BRONZE, Union, New Jersey
Jonathon Kreinberg BRONZE, Union, New Jersey

"Love one another as I have loved you."
- Jesus

Your Inner Seed

Mankind has a gift, for they are superior in the kingdom of Earth,
No intellectual limits lie in each brain, innovative they are but why in pain?
They make others in the kingdom look lame; but, again, why so much pain?
They reproduce with the gift of rebirth, but should be in much shame,
For the gifts that they have and the gifts that they use are two separate things in the kingdom of Earth.

Because on the surface of their cranium, they choose an intuitive mind,
The thought too lazy to go deeper, the thought that every man sees as a keeper,
The past knew it much better, the past saw the future better,
The people these days are not of this kind, they stay inside the box and need to get better,
The traditions of the past they need to leave behind.

They have to open their minds and use the gifts they have been given,
Everyone has a song they have not yet sung, for even the old could be considered young,
A new dilemma has begun, but there is no where they can run,
Since the beginning of time the same sun has risen, the men of the past did not run,
The men of the present need a taste of new tradition.

No matter what you do in your life, you add a little part,
It does not matter what you choose to do, as long as it sticks out and relates to you,
Happiness will come if you are honest and true, share your mind with the world and just be you,
You are the artist and the world is your art, beauty will be painted through everything you do,
There are deeper meanings to matter and powers in the heart.

Now look in much deeper because you are part of mankind,
Let this poem sink deep into to your brain, and spread it through the world like rain,
For the reason I write this is because I see the pain, the showers up above get rid of the stain,
In reality I am just a voice that lies in your mind, I see beauty and life through every single name,
I want creative minds to unite and bind.

I am the unknown and the seed of your name;
The hidden, unknown, secluded, YOUR BRAIN!

The beauty of life itself is something that people do not fully understand. People focus on too many unimportant aspects in life. The movie “Dead Poet’s Society” focuses on the beauty of poetry. There is a time at the beginning of the movie that Mr. Keating explains why people read poetry. The reasons that he points out seem controversial to the beliefs of the other teachers in the school as well as the students’ parents. The students’ parents and the teachers represent normal and traditional types of people. They seem to have no creativity or poetic motivation. Personally, I love the art of poetry. I believe that too many people are too traditional and very intuitive thinkers in today’s world. The universe has more to offer than what most people think. Below is a poem that personally explains how I reacted to Mr. Keating's speech about why people read poetry.