The Art of Pizza Preperation | Teen Ink

The Art of Pizza Preperation

October 18, 2016
By Charmander9964 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
Charmander9964 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments


“Hello, there. You must be the new employee,” says Salvo.
“Yes. My name is Vinny, and I am here to make pizza.”
“Good. Tell me, Vinny, have you made a pizza before?”
“No, I’ve been dreaming of making pizza for years, though. I’m gonna need help.”
“Well have no fear, I can help you make a pizza.

First you make the crust, so soft and gooey.
We use  flour, yeast, water, salt, sugar, and olive oil in the industrial mixer.”
“Watching it mix is so hypnotic. I could look at this all day.”
“Turn the ingredients into a soft dough, and flatten the dough. Don’t worry, it rises in the oven.”
“Wow…this is really soft, and easy to hand toss, like throwing a ball in the air and catching it.”

“Then we apply the toppings. Start with some crimson red tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.”
“Alright, I will spread the sauce all around like a tasty paste, and sprinkles the cheese like it’s snow.”
“Correct, and any toppings the customer requests.”
“You could put anything edible on a pizza?”
“Yeah, you could.

After the toppings are applied, it transforms to the real deal in the oven.
As it evolves, the cheese melts into a gooey surface of flavor, and the dough rises into a bed."
“I wonder how it would feel to lay on that fluffy bed?”
“Hahaha. This isn’t an actual bed you sleep in. It’s one for the toppings to rest on, not you.”
“Oh, okay. I get it.”

“After 15 minutes, we pull out a fluffy circle of flavor from the oven.”
“We give it time to simmer—two to three minutes should be good enough?”
“Precisely, then we cut it into eight slices of heaven, and serve it to the hungry customers.”
“Hey, that was pretty easy. Thanks, Salvo.”
“You’re welcome, Vinny. Now you know how to make pizza. Now go make me proud.”


 


The author's comments:

Pizza