The Little Things | Teen Ink

The Little Things

It is the little things that make life exciting, like going on spontaneous adventures. It is the little things that make waking up evey morning worth it, such as getting coffee in the morning with someone you care about. It is the little things that keep us going, for instance waking up to a goodmorning text. It is the little things that make us ecstatic, for example, looking forward to Friday night football games. It is not the little things such as small creatures or little objects. It is the little things such as surprises or the way a person's stomach drops when she sees that special someone. The little gestures in life stay in a person's mind for a while and make her smile when she thinks about it. Little gestures to a person can be the thing that keeps the world spinning. Little surprises or something as simple as a compliment can turn a person's day around for the better. It is the little things in life that gives us the biggest smiles.

I love the little things in life. They make me happy and I think they are so cute so I was inspired by that to write this poem.