Shattered Glass | Teen Ink

Shattered Glass

September 11, 2016
By Bummygurl BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Bummygurl BRONZE, Houston, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Pieces and pieces of broken glass, lying on ceremony. Each and every piece begs to be brought back together. Each and every piece is a part of my memories with you, that each seem to link to my "happiness." For i am the glass, and you are the guilty one. The guilty one who has thrown me to the ground with all your intentions of hurting me. I am a glass, so you can not dare tell me it was a clumsy accident. When you decided I was going to be your top, special glass, it was then and there with sense that you had to handle me with care. For i was fragile from the go, even without you giving me a special spot on the shelf. For i was made with care. Something that shatters and breaks so easily. For once,  i am dropped one time, the pain travels so furiously. And that is why i am lying here now. For you have dropped me, and shattered all of me. For now, all my feelings, for all my emotions.. for all my memories are here lying on this cold, filthy floor; where you have seemed to be walking over carrying your promises that were lies this whole time. For you, are now walking over to the broom and dust pan. And may i ask where the hell are you going? For i am glass, and not just any glass. You can not just sweep me up and throw me away. For you can not just glue me back, and act like there was never,even a scratch. For your can not fix me, nor put me back together. No, not ever. So, let me lay here, and take in that i am a shattered, broken glass.


The author's comments:

My purpose for witing this article, is to simply touch individuals that have been hurt deeply, in a emotional way.