A Tribute to Scars | Teen Ink

A Tribute to Scars

Your scars are beautiful.
They are exquisitely remarkable reminders of where you were once weak, you are now strong.
They are skillfully crafted works of art that stand as tangible proof of hope and light.
They represent an epic of what has been cut down and torn apart has now grown back stronger and better than before.
Weakness and shame and disgust and guilt have been transformed into joy and resilience and the beautiful reality of new beginnings.
They tell the world that you did not just survive.
You thrived.
Scars are not ugly vacuums into the past, but portals of hope into the future.
They serve to remind us that while our eyes may be shielded from the light, no foot could ever stamp out the flame.
Embrace your scars, see them as the masterpieces they truly are, and step into the uncertain future with the certain knowledge that you have passed this way before and your feet will know the way to guide you home.Your scars are beautiful.
Weakness and shame and disgust and guilt has been transformed into joy and resilience and the beautiful reality of new beginnings.
You thrived.
Scars are not ugly vacuums into the past, but portals of light into the future.
You thrived.
You thrived.
You thrived.
You thrived.
Embrace your scars, see them as the masterpieces they truly are, and step into the uncertain future with the certain knowledge that you have passed this way before and your feet will know the way to guide you home.