Hidden Realities

Everything has a shadow,

Everyone has a secret,

Even the moon has a dark side.

We are all here, continuously
pretending to be normal.
Trying to fit into each other,
Like puzzles pieces,
when none of us were really meant to match.
No one knows what they are doing,
We've learned never to be who we are.
We have simply learned from others, never to show our scars.
Never to  be empowered, never to feel of love.
We are here together, not knowing what to dream of-
Everyone's inspired, but no one really tries.
Everyone has thoughts of jumping, to the other side.
We have to learn to make the choice, to lie here and to die,
Or to dream of happiness and to touch the sky.

LeisurelySketchesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 30, 2016 at 5:48 am
A really relevant topic, well expressed. Nice metaphors and similes, very nice!

definitionoflifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 9, 2016 at 10:33 am
Wow. I love it. It is a very inspiring poem. I would love to see some more of your work. You have got quite a bit of talent.

LostPoetryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you, that really means a lot. I'll be posting and submitting more so I hope you'll keep looking and enjoying my poetry

definitionoflifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I certainly will

SoEveritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 8, 2016 at 9:52 am
This is such a beautiful poem! You're an amazing writer.