Why I Hate You

"Go away! I do not want you here! I only want you when there is no one else!" They scream. The only person that inhabits my heart that has not yet hurt me, I am in love with.
I've held on too long with the people I once thought to be miracles.
I'm straining clinging to the ropes that bound me to them, but it would hurt so much less to release the ropes.
You do not care about me, only your social status and how you are perceived.
You do not care that my weight is plummeting by the minute. You do not care how long I've been clean or if I've relapsed.
You do not so much as bat an eye at the thought of me leaving you.
I have to let you go.

Reni.Fowler33This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You can now tag other users by using "@".

You can now tag other users

pineappler03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is, so brilliant. I love how your words really bring out each section of the poem, making it very strong. For example I loved how you used the word 'plummeting', wen you talk about your weight. It's not just falling, but plummeting. Really amazing work :).

hurryth3ninjasarecoming replied...
@pineappler03 Thank you! So so much!

Kimina_KatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is incredibly powerful, please keep writing.

hurryth3ninjasarecoming replied...
@Kimina_Kat Thank you! I was starting to become discouraged.