Depression | Teen Ink

Depression

By TheRunner SILVER, Alvarado, Texas
TheRunner SILVER, Alvarado, Texas

When I get knocked down, I need to keep going.

Depression is an attack of the mind, it makes you feel like you're the worst of your kind. It makes you feel lonely inside when in reality there's friends close by your side. It tells you that you're worthless when you really have a purpose. How do we shake these feelings of depression? by having a session? Sessions alone will not help we've gotta do more to help ourselves. If we feel dark, then we've gotta bring the light to our minds and surrendering our minds is how we bring peace inside. I'm not promising that it'll be perfect but I know you will find that it'll be worth it. So the next time you have those thoughts, remember the price with which you have been bought.

Depression is something that a lot of people face and it is something I have faced. Those dark thoughts that you can't seem get rid of. Loneliness, and feeling worthless asking "Why am I Here?" If you dig deep enough, you'll find peace and purpose. I don't believe that I'm here by accident or coincidence. My faith is what keeps me going. "Faith is to be awake, and to be awake is for us to think, and for us to think is to be alive." - Twenty One Pilots. I put my faith in the One who created me.

- 17 year old