The Truth of Lies | Teen Ink

The Truth of Lies

June 27, 2016
By TheMysticalBlur PLATINUM, Delaware, Ohio
TheMysticalBlur PLATINUM, Delaware, Ohio
25 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Change your thoughts before your thoughts change you."


-The Truth of Lies-I was talking to a young lady the other day. She asked me how I was doing and I simply responded good. She didn’t buy it and called me a liar. That’s when I looked her in the eyes and said, “That’s exactly what I am.”

She asked me why.

“Always have been.”

Once again she asked me why.

“Because that’s how I get through this world.”

She looked up at me and said, “What’s so bad with the truth.”

“Lies are sometimes better than the truth. They play into the false realities of a happy world.”

“What are the false realities hiding?” She was confused

“The truth.”

She asked me what was so bad about it, it being the truth.

“Well, the truth hurts people, and I never wanted to hurt anyone.”

She told me I didn’t know that. I didn’t know the truth hurts.

I looked at her and told her I did know.

She asked me how.

And that’s when I told her, I told her I’ve had to switch schools more than once. I got suspended because I beat up my bully, and I could never make friends.

She didn’t understand.

“I know people, because I am those people. I am the reason people hide from the truth. People like you and I.”

She seemed hopeful when she told me in the end everything will be okay.

That’s when I looked back at her and dusted away that hope because in life our end game is death so the reality or truth of the world is that everything will be okay once your life ends.