Nihon no ry? | Teen Ink

Nihon no ry?

June 14, 2016
By Clue132 SILVER, City, Virginia
Clue132 SILVER, City, Virginia
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
You can Lie to yourself but you can never lie to your heart ~ Meliodas


I fell from the height of whimsy. The fall snapped me back to reality
The runner stepped over my prone form ignoring the dragon’s tail
I tasted the smoke on his breath. The smell of sulfur hurt my lungs as his purrs rumbled in my ears. His scales pressed sharply against my side jarring me from my slumber. I looked up at him and took in his copper scales.
I could taste the sound of his content vibrations.
The Sandman finally stopped by the Pond of reality and gave me his hand as if to save me.
But the softness of the dragon’s coils was not a place I wanted to abandon.
I leapt up with excitement as I grabbed his outstretched hand, happy to leave the beast behind
The laudriness of the situation began to occur to me.
If I left the dragon’s coils, my youth would disappear.
“Doko ni iku n desu ka?” The dragon rumbled as he lifted his copper snout in my direction. HIs green eyes searching.
The humble eyes of emptiness settled on me cajoling me back to the warmth of the dragon’s hearth.
The gentle slap of harshness greeted me in his eyes.
I leaped hurriedly away from the Sandman running with light to reach the somber dragon
Hunter you must return to him.
I will meet the dragon in the forests of my dreams, there we would be free.
The gentle gale inside me had grown to a quiet storm.
I would never abandon my dragon for the tide of the world couldn’t ignore me.
“Anata wa modotte kuru!” My dragon exclaimed, my hand touching his snout.
He smiled at me, his eyes glimmered in hope.
He reached for me but once again I fell from the height of whimsy and snapped back into reality.