Two Glowing Lanterns | Teen Ink

Two Glowing Lanterns

By greta_truttschel GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
greta_truttschel GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the individuals who shine light in my life.  I can rely on them to spark fire in a dark room.  With optimism and guidance, they help me see light.  Two who ignite light no matter what darkness they are encompassed in.  Two lanterns that could light up the city of New York.  To the world they may be a lit match, but to me a ray of sunshine that drowns out gloom. 

Displaying a bright smile is their specialty.  They bring life into those whose lives are filled with darkness.  Expressing elation through their radiating jubilant personalities.  This is how they shine their light.

An eye for enthusiasm; not one ounce of distress can burn out their flame.  Water,  fire extinguishers, or baking soda:  three key solutions to burning out a fire.  The flame of a fire is capable of being put out, but the burning flame of my two sisters is a flame that no one can control.

Hardships are the water, fire extinguishers, and baking soda of my life.  My flame is often extinguished, and it’s during these times I look for guidance from my two lanterns.  When my world has lost light and all it needs is a spark.  Two who create.  Two who never stop glowing.  Two who can never be extinguished.

j2250 DIAMOND said...
on May. 30 2016 at 11:24 am
j2250 DIAMOND, North Andover, Massachusetts
Incredible imagery when it comes to fire! I'm curious as to who these two people are in your life, it seems like you really love them.