To Move is to Grow | Teen Ink

To Move is to Grow

February 29, 2016
By LucasGFBrandino BRONZE, Harrison, New Jersey
LucasGFBrandino BRONZE, Harrison, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered. - F. Scott Fitzgerald


Isn’t it funny how they’ll look at you and judge you through the same struggles they go through?
Isn’t it a nuisance how the time machine of our memory takes us back to the tragedies God let happen to us?
After so many unseen and unexpected let down, I ask you, how can I trust?
We get bottled up like the alcohol bottle gets bottled up and then we bottle it up in us.
We set on fire our souls after setting on fire the marijuana and then complain about burning up.
God, why am I dying? Is it because of all my lying or my pathetic crying when I forge what’s the truth?
Is it because I write exactly about what my brother can relate to?
What’s worse is, we all want someone to love yet can’t love the ones in front of us.
And we let our anger build up mistrust after hearing what they said about us.
How long will I remain in immature infant? Though, to realize immaturity is maturity in an instant.
To move on is to grow and alone we can’t do either one.
When you think your struggles have you don’t panic, God does too.
You already won.