Yolanda | Teen Ink

Yolanda

February 10, 2016
By Ferro GOLD, Mexico City, Other
Ferro GOLD, Mexico City, Other
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What you don't understand is even though you are closer to the ground I've never met anyone closer to the sky, the way you caress its skin just comes to show how its familiar to you. But no this is not me labeling you as an angel but instead as a star. Because like the sailors you have been able to guide me back home and I dont know of anyone who has saved me from the dark as much as you. But sometimes its not even you but your memory, a random picture i find laying on my desk, a noise that leads me to your name or a message. Yet i know we fight and im sorry, i know i shouldnt put what im going through on you, it’s just you seem so strong to carry the worries of the world on your back that i thought you could bare some of my sorrow. And you have, which amazes me, because you are brave enough to crawl through your fears when i still need a helping hand to cross the road. No matter what anyone says, i can never be you, because you are me and more. And no, time wont change you because you always stand your ground, people like you were needed through history. You could have made a change. You can. No, im not trying to praise you nor make this cheesy, I am trying to open your eyes so you can finally see what i see. Trust me, if you were a soldier you would have won every fight because you never give up, and if you didn’t, know that i will win it for you because i know you would do the same for me. What i love about you is how we are all equal to your eyes. How much grace you have which most don’t posses in their little finger.   So sister, when pain comes knocking at your door welcome it. Because you shouldn’t be the one who is scared. It will not be fair play, because no matter what you are told, you are fearless, and pain doesn’t come to those who don’t fear. Yet know that to be scared at times is good, because flaws make us human; if we wouldn’t fear, we wouldn’t feel. And tears are not a sign of weakness, it means you are strong enough to show the truth. Know that pain will come. But take it from me, welcome it in, because when you do, you will win the fight. Nothing is as scary as it seems. So take chances. Because people like you weren’t made to loose. People like you were meant to teach.


The author's comments:

For the most precious thing i have, my sister.