The Young Ones | Teen Ink

The Young Ones

By Maya,Suarez BRONZE, Northridge, California
Maya,Suarez BRONZE, Northridge, California

"Don't let the fear of unhappiness cripple your pursuit of finding what it is you believe in" - Tyler Joseph

She was loud. Blunt. Had an outlook on the world that no one quite understood. He was quiet. Cryptic. Kept to himself and a few others. They were intertwined. Bonded by a friendship of unlikely sort. Polar opposites. She had a voice, spoke with words to amaze, but at the end of the day still came home to lay down. On the bed that she's had since she was 9, it collected all the memories she desperately tried to hide. His voice was of a different kind. His laid in the games he played, with the messages of feelings he would restrain. Making sure to open up to no one for he was scared of what was inside. Not the best of friends, the two people shared their hellos and goodbye's. And then a change commenced. She developed emotions, she couldn't decipher, craved the person she couldn't get. So she pushed it down. Told the 2 she trusted most and kept the rest inside her head and between the beats of her chest. He was a puzzle. One that I don't think he even could solve. The two were lead to a clashing end.  For you see, these two were like no other, more different than the same. They were a fire that went out without a trace.

I wrote this about a recent heartbreak. He was one of my dearest friends but when I told him and two others about my feelings, completely left. Wanted nothing to do with me. And it hurt but writing this and expressing my feelings did wonders. I don't know what I want people to get from this. I'd say just feel whatever you feel when you read this.