Love Sick

Alone at night, the room very dark,

The memories flooding my ever-so-fragile mind.

Without a shoulder to cry on, or a spirit to help me.

I hug my pillow. But it doesn't help me sleep, it places a longing,

A want, a need of love.

I had no one who cared for me, and consequently, no one to nurse my current ordeal.

A hug that screams for love, and a pillow that seems to absorb it, was all that is left in my melancholy state of mind

Maculate_Dream This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
A very poetic work indeed. Nice sentence structure and a good use of vocabulary. Very artistic.

caseyrebecca said...
This is pretty good! Maybe attempt some more figurative language and leave more open to the reader to interpret. It's pretty gripping! Keep it up!

CNBono17 said...
Feb. 10, 2016 at 8:42 am
I love this; it's gripping and compelling, and I'm hugging you through the computer.

writer-violistThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! This poem is really good! I like the line spacing that you use because it really goes along with the mood and tone of the poem. I also like your use of energy so your readers can see the poem happening in their minds. Also, great word choice! This is great! Please keep writing and God bless! :)