An open letter to God | Teen Ink

An open letter to God

January 29, 2016
By destinie_okay BRONZE, Rochester, New York
destinie_okay BRONZE, Rochester, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear God, my Father in heaven,

it's been a while.

I haven't been practicing what I preach, I haven't been loving my enemies, it's hard when there's no chance to.
I haven't been praying, I haven't been to church in a while, I haven't had the chance to. You understand right God because you know everything you put me through,right God and all these obstacles, there's a kingdom waiting for me, right God?

Hey God, how's my uncle?
Is he resting in a fool's paradise? Because down here he was a fool without any paradise but he didn't know it was too late until he died.
Can you tell him there's a picture of him on my wall with a cross next to it because even if he is in heaven, God please, don't forget to bless him.

Hey God, I know this is kind of informal but do you think you can bless my other uncle? He has a daughter, with his eyes and his smile. I know people grow up, they leave, and they forget to remember but please make him remember.

 

Dear God, our Father in heaven,

You know I don't resent him.


Dear God, my Father in heaven,

Tell my uncle it's okay. Tell my uncle he'll get through this, I know he's hurting. Tell my uncle I miss him. I know he's hurting, we all are.

Dear God, can you send an angel to my grandma? Let her know she'll get through this, let her know it's never too late to get better. Tell her she can get better.
Let her know that she'll never find the answer in the bottom of a bottle.
Dear God, don't forget to bless the angels that haven't figured out they are angels yet.
Dear God, don't forget to bless my mom and dad, my sister and brother, our home, and our pets.

Dear God, thank you for your blessings.