Nobody Told Me | Teen Ink

Nobody Told Me

January 29, 2016
By Lizzle245 GOLD, Sheridan, Wyoming
Lizzle245 GOLD, Sheridan, Wyoming
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is related to a semicolon; a semicolon represents a sentence that could have ended, but did not.


Nobody told me how innocence could be stolen from you in the most unlikely seconds. Too bad I found that out too late.

Nobody ever told me that not everybody is there to help you; some demons are disguised as a blessing.

Nobody ever told me that there is a certain limit that you must never cross. so many relationships have been lost forever.

Nobody ever told me limited life is; live like you're dying, love like it's your first, laugh like it's your last.

Nobody ever told me how music is an output for pain, for hurt. Music doesn't hurt, music heals. Music doesn't harm, music calms.

Nobody ever told me that it's okay to say goodbye. Someitmes goodbye is the best hello to a new corner in your life.

Nobody ever told me how harmful words actually are. Stick and stones may break your bones, but words will break your heart.

Nobody ever told me to keep my distance. The horrible habit of clinging to unhealthy addictions have gotten me in the trouble I needed to deal with.

Nobody ever told me that a pencil is worth more than a razor. it will leave healing scars rather than harmful scars.

Nobody ever told me that family does not mean blood, and blood does not mean family; i had to learn that myself.

Nobody ever told me that someday I would become troubled and lost in the long maze of life, but that I must keep searching to find the exit.

Nobody ever told me that the only person with myself 100% of the time is me, and that i must learn to accept and admire my flaws that create who I am both inside and out.

Nobody ever told me that how people talk is how I shall become; the people I surround myself with describes what I wish to be, or what I already am.

Nobody ever told me that life is both long and short. I must live life to the fullest, and make sure that I never regret not taking a risk and becoming just "average".

Nobody ever told me that smiling out of fear is not a solution; it creates another problem. Smiling out of happiness, I learned, is the only true way you should smile. 

Nobody ever told me that love will show its bright face in the darkest of times, and that I must cherish what I have, for I won't miss what I have until it is forever gone.

Nobody ever told me that the stars are the best punching bag, that the hateful words flowing out of my mouth should only be aimed at them, and not at one person. They listen, yet they do not care. 

Nobody told me that coffee would be my early mrning savior, allowing the energy to quickly flow into my body that I would need most dearly as I woke up.

Nobody ever told me that our bodies would soon fade, but our minds would be the true realization of how far we've come in our long lives.

Nobody told me anything, but I prefer I found those harsh facts myself, as I wouldn't be who I was today without doing so.