Bus Trip of a Black God This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Skinny, black man
Cruising on the Valley Metro
Rambling on about black God, black heaven, black Savior, black world
I listen to what he says for half an hour.
I’m intrigued.
I put my headphones away
And listen …
Every so often, he hums
“Hhhmmmm”
And when he does you don’t see it coming
It makes you feel good inside.
“Hhhmmmm”
When you think it’s not over, he rings the bell
Ring, ring
The bus stops
He’s gone as quickly as he came.

yoitskody said...
i liked this poem it was very interesting

SuperRunnerGirl13 said...
Interesting! :)

Goldy97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 14, 2012 at 9:00 am
I really like this poem it has alot of meaning behind it.

blah_blah said...
very deep and has a nice flow to it

Missundrstoodx2 said...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:32 am
this is wonderful. I feel several things; a subtle introduction of race, like the color of a man dominates his world. but why is the white man never called the white man, never distinguished as seeing a white God, white heaven, white Savior, just God, Heaven, Savior? Such innocent beauty in one's interaction with a stranger; slightly dangerous, but harmless. Unlearning what we've been taught about them. The comfort of oneself is contagious, the "hmmm" being the most memorable hum the listener wi... (more »)

GoGoGryffindor said...
This is a very interesting piece. I really like the way it flows and how it all comes together.

Myrtle25 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the flow of the poem and especially the ending! Nice topic.

JamesODalaigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:33 am
Love it! Rally great work and nice way of description.

Wordscantsay said...
Wonderful job.... Very nice :)

SunkistKisser said...
First of all, loved it! Second, I'm also from the valley and  though it was awesome that you mentioned the bus lines here. Good job! :)

Lola_Black said...
I like it! Five stars, definately.

Kerli said...
That was really good! :)

RosePoet2012 replied...
Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:40 am
This was really really good. I love this....great job!

Candlesmile said...
Wonderful work; the connection between religion and personal perspective is particularly intriguing.

zhlenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

this is amazing and its so deep too

i hav a ? though.. how long does it take for teen ink to verify an article

cuz its taking a long long time

bahannahpeel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 16, 2011 at 11:52 am

I think it depends on the editor yours gets sent to. I've had some get published in two days, and I have some that are still pending from three weeks ago.

Loved the poem!

Lola_Black replied...
Three of my poems that I sumbitted a few months ago just finally came in. I'm still waiting another.

JonniK said...
Dec. 3, 2010 at 8:40 am
This poem is Lovely

ChyChy said...
If there was a like button, i would like this.

Karamel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem made me smile. I can see everything happening, and I understand the humming. This is a great poem. :)