It Was One Of Those Days | Teen Ink

It Was One Of Those Days

January 13, 2016
By Skyler Haines GOLD, Ormond Beach, Florida
Skyler Haines GOLD, Ormond Beach, Florida
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was one of those days when everything that could ever go wrong does go wrong. You feel like the world is against you and nothing good can happen.

It was one of those days when you get all your homework done early so that you don't have to worry about it after work but your teacher still assigns a project for that night anyways.

When you drop your favorite tumbler and it cracks.

When you pack a salad for lunch but forget a fork.

When you forget to turn your headlights off before school and your battery dies.

When you have to work a seven hour shirt after an eight hour school day.

When a family of five walks in just as you’re trying to lock the door to close up.

When you allot two hours for annotating but it takes six.

But even when all things go wrong, you must not forget the times things went right. You must hold on to the things that keep you going and keep you happy.

When you get paid double for babysitting.

When you don't get scheduled to work.

When you hear “I love you.”

When your dog runs to greet you after a long day at school.

When your favorite coffee shop makes your drink perfectly.

When you get to see the sunrise.

The world is tough more often than not, but the little things that make you happy are what truly count.