Recipe for Love | Teen Ink

Recipe for Love

By MitchL GOLD, HARTLAND, Wisconsin
MitchL GOLD, HARTLAND, Wisconsin

Recipe: Two Hearts Beating as One
Ingredients:
-One beautiful girl
-One average guy
-Three scoops of courage
-One droplet of interest
-Two vials of curiosity
-Two questions
-One romcom
-Two dashes of awkwardness
-Four glances
-One dab on the lips
-Two vials of excitement
-Dozens of tears (preferably of joy)
-One heap of family
-Numerous holidays
-One Love

Instructions:
Place boy in boy and girl in two separate bowls.Sift in the three scoops of courage over the boy and fold in. This will cause the boy to rise. Once risen, place the boy in the bowl with the girl. Add one droplet of interest and two vials of curiosity. Let sit for three days. After three days, be sure the two have mixed well. If not, remove girl and start with new boy. (Caution: the girl may need time to rest before making a different batch.) If the bowl seems to be completely mixed, add one mumbled question. After add the question, wait till night. Simmer in a romcom with two dashes of awkwardness and four glances caught. At the end of the evening add one dap on the lips. No mixing should be needed. If mixture still remains consistent. Place in oven for five years. For first year keep temperature on low. Afterwards turn the heat up high. Check the batch occasionally. Separation is common. If separation occurs for more than a week take mix out and let cool down. After five years add one more question. Immediately after add two vials of excitement and dozens of tears of joy. By this time, you should see the hearts starting to beat nearly identically. To guarantee the completion of the recipe. Wait at least fifty years while sprinkling in a heap of family and numerous holidays. If recipe followed to its entirety, the result should be two hearts beating as one, until one day when they’ll stop--together.