What in the Lie … This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

She takes a shower in the dark
for the romantic notion
of the notions she has.
In a world where
brunettes are blondes
and curls are flattened to fit
like paper sheets
between careless fingers,
she is wavy gold,
pale moonlight skin in a
blue waterworld.
She has hope, but still fears
to write “I,”
to get off the phone at 2 a.m.
and lie still in the lonely silence,
to swim to paradise.
Maybe she should be alone.
Maybe she should be.

BlurredReflection said...
This was beautifly written, I also love the line "She has hope but fears to write"i""

emilybwrites said...
wow that was fantastic! great imagery i like the line about brunettes turning into blondes :)

Eielen A. said...
l love the line she has hope but fears to write "I"

margierose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 21, 2010 at 7:53 am:
Ahhh this is so good. I can't describe how much I love this poem. 

BlueAstronaut This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I get the feeling that you believe taking a shower in the dark is silly. Just me, just me. Maybe you're writing about you. We have much in common if you are. Not that that means anything, anymore. I keep seeing you. On this site. (Stalker I am not) Congratulations. Your mind is much, much too much for most. I try not to be vague. Do you know what I mean? Tell me. Is it possible to be alone with someone else?

oracle-of-nonsense This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 10:02 pm :
It was more that my reasons for taking one were sort of silly. Not so much that I'm embarrassed of it though. I am writing about myself. I usually write in the 3rd person. ;) Hah, yes, well, there's this one poem that keeps resurfacing as the top rated of the day, or some such nonsense. That might be why. I understand you, although I'm not entirely sure that your estimation of my mind is correct. It's possible to be alone anywhere, with any number of people.

the_Horsegirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 31, 2010 at 10:24 am:
Really good. Poignant.

lalalalala23456 said...
I liked this alot. It's unique, yet truthful and different.

Grania This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem.