Corrupt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There are knicks in the
girls’ bathroom doorknob
and I imagine someone has
a homicidal obsession
and that is where they count
their “privileged” victims.

In high school they all say
the universe is ours to save.
But we ended up just
shrugging our shoulders

and pinning each other up against the lockers.

Nanna said...
I love this! Its totally true, which is so sad. Please check out one of my poems, Why do I? Thanks : )

alli.babi. said...
GREAT poem! : ] i really liked it.

Hayz~Hardcore said...
Nov. 5, 2009 at 11:28 am
Omg i love it very deep...i absolutly hate highschool so many judgemental people but your poem is amazing...if u could pls check out my stuff and let me know wat u think and rate it for me it would mean soo much too me thank you i can only hope to be as great a writer as u some day

catherinemarina said...
That's deep (:

Gulo M. said...
Jun. 23, 2009 at 2:06 am
I like your observation of the knicks on the doorknob...it seems like something I would think of. I also think you've truly captured a bit of today's society in the second verse.

pinksage33 said...
Great poem!!!

Olivia.G said...
Jun. 13, 2009 at 6:14 am
wow, i really like this poem in terms of rythm and voice, but i think mabey you might have come on a little too strong with the subject. i respect your work and i think you should keep writing.

Brandi K. said...
interesting the way its put. its sooo true.

music said...
this is awesome.
high schoool must such ha ha...
-heaven-:P

Oreocookies96 said...
this is really good, but its kind of awkward, even though it's true. I'm not in highschool yet but i know it does happen.

loVer giRL said...
May 24, 2009 at 1:24 am
I really liked this. Im getting Ready to go into high school so im nervouse. Keep'em comin!

LilJ<3 said...
very true. great job. High school is a time where we start to discover our inner selves... great job and continue writing..Congrats on being published in the magazine :)
Jackie :)

cvlnst said...
May 20, 2009 at 2:00 am
This is really good, and so true. High school isn't all it's cracked up to be... (for those entering high school). It isn't as terrible as people say and isn't as great as people say. :)

1breezy said...
great poem...it really told alot

hbwriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
nice, and same here MikaLestat. I hope my high school experience isn't like this poem. I really loved the bathroom doorknob part. Nice.

Jackie K. said...
i like it a lot...:) i turned in some of my own poetry... if it ever makes it on here check it out...thanks and congrats your really good!

Sveta said...
May 19, 2009 at 10:28 am
Perfect.

alayapoetgirl said...
Wow! This really makes me step back and think a little...

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 14, 2009 at 12:42 am
Nice message, mysterious.

Smartpants78999 said...
May 12, 2009 at 12:19 am
THAT WAS amazing.I could never really write a poem like that. You are a true poet.