Showtime | Teen Ink

Showtime

November 5, 2015
By allie1298 GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska
allie1298 GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska
14 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Winds in the East, mist coming in, like something is brewing about to begin. I can't put my finger on what lies in store, but I fell what is to happen all happened before."
-Saving Mr. Banks


Showtime, I say as I walk through school doors time to look happy so they don't know your so close to slipping out the door.

A lie on my face attached to it everyday, looks so real no one knows it has always been fake.

It sticks to my face and makes me look fine, even when I am dying inside.

Life is so easy with a lie on your face, might as well not tell them what is at stake.

Holding onto a fake and never letting go they will never know that my heart is so low.

Walk out the door showtime for mom, can't let her know what's really going on.

School is good, and I am fine I say as she drives down the street as her face smiles into mine.

I am happy I assure her as I look at the traffic and look down the street.

I close the door to my room and sigh as the lie does not come off as I tell myself I am okay and I am just tired and need sleep.

The sleep comes as the lie sticks on and all back to square 1 and showtime has begun.