comics and history | Teen Ink

comics and history

October 28, 2015
By violetnature3 PLATINUM, Springfield, Massachusetts
violetnature3 PLATINUM, Springfield, Massachusetts
46 articles 9 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
we live and we learn


There is a name known throughout history. So volatile it scares Jews and others alike; Hitler.

There is a smile well known in comics. That clears the streets with terror; Joker.

History and comics are intertwined.

Hitler is reflected in your eyes and torture tactics are embedded in every square inch of your mind. The jokers cynical smile is painted across your face and his psychotic heart and soul is in your very core. They have engulfed you literally, utterly and completely

There`s dark number singed on my skin and soul placed by you to be a constant reminder of all my fears, all my insecurities and every single mistake I have ever made. You always seem to point out these things every chance you get as if it`s a hello.

You have locked me away isolating me from the world to do whatever it is that you wished whenever you wished it.Every single one of my vocal cords melt like wax under my skin so I couldn't muster to say anything, in order to do what you wished, in order to  mold me into what you wanted as if I was clay.

You kept me in a cargo cart, in the depths of your lair  with a deep dark hole at the bottom, it's my past you brought to life. It claws at me, I squirm around desperately trying to escape its darkness. But it surrounds me, it cover the exit signs as if there was one, so I thought.

You look at the mythological creature that is my heart that I foolishly gave to you. You spit words that seem to be medieval torture devices that are engraved with the context of it's legends to see where it would have the most impact, the most pain. Each time there hurtled at me, they burn through my skin like paper. Slowly demolish my heart a little more each and every time leaving craters behind filled with pools of blood. Until I can`t feel it any more, until it just feels like the wind

You jabbed every single pressured point as if it was a bullseye on a target that seems to cloak my body. You do this in order to stop me in my tracks so that I couldn`t escape your grasp. You seem to do just for giggles.


You say over and over that you know how to place a smack upon my face without a single trace. as if it was a knife that you were wielding that you didn`t hold to my throat but something way more painful...my heart.

you used my heart as your own personal punching bag, which is the most dollabolical thing i could think of but your mind could brew thoughts of other things to throw at me and my heart as if it was even possible. It seems that you simply wanted to use and abuse me in more ways than I care to admit.

The concept of respect and no eludes you as you push me and my boundaries to the brink, but the concept of dollar signs surely doesn`t

You know exactly what you're doing. you grin that cynical smile with such a egotistic victory. You didn't need an army or a purple coat. all you needed was a single hand to do this.

As I pass you in the halls I cringe at the thought that I ever loved and trusted you. I'm such an idiot and so naive

I really had a belief behind those soul sucking black eyes there was a person maybe a friend, what a joke

I scream out in hopes someone in the streets has heard my name, no one has. You made sure of that.

My eyes fill with sadness, confusion and frustration.

Tear gas spews out from your hand as you choke me with the beliefs that you have forced upon me

The gas finds its way into my lungs, my essence and  suffocates. It drains out into the city's sewage system

This gas has killed so many,It didn't kill me nor will it

I hope other town folk see what I hadn`t, not a man that you can't even play one on tv but the star role of the viscous little boy that can't be fixed nor understood. And I hope you understand you will never ever be a man.

You think, that your infamy gets you all the respect? you have all the answers? and that you own the city?

Hahaha...no. You have absolutely no respect, not from any one. you surely don`t have all the answers. And the strings that you had wrapped around me like your very own puppet have been cut!

That victorious smile of yours was only sustained for an era of time, you caged me for only a moment of time in my own life

I escaped. I run into this guy on the streets of the city, he has a meeting and well... I have curls.

Yes I have curls! curls of a fierce fiery spirit that`s free. Victory of my own intellect. And integrity of myself and my heart.


The author's comments:

diamonds are made from coal