Music has feeling | Teen Ink

Music has feeling

October 9, 2015
By meganconnellyyy BRONZE, Clio, Michigan
meganconnellyyy BRONZE, Clio, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Playing my flute is my favorite thing to do.
No matter what mood I’m in, my flute always makes it better.
During chairings, where we get ranked by skill and performance level, no matter how nervous and scared I am, once I start to play, I can’t feel more comfortable and calm.

Freshman year, I was so nervous that I was shaking.
I remember my teacher saying that freshmen didn’t have a good chance of doing well.
All thirteen of us went into the locker room and picked a number at random draw.
Eventually it was my turn, and I was shaking.
Afterward, I knew that I couldn’t have done any better.

I then spent 10-15 minutes on tiebreakers with another girl, which made me really nervous at that point.

He then called us back in to rank us, and I was afraid I was going to get last chair.
He called the numbers in order from first to last chair, and he called my number first.

My flute changed the way I felt. I was scared, then I was calm and confident.
Me feeling calm allowed me to excel.
Music is a feeling that not everybody can feel.
Playing my flute is my favorite thing to do.