Can You See Me? | Teen Ink

Can You See Me?

September 24, 2015
By ChelseaLynnHiemstra BRONZE, Kingston, Other
ChelseaLynnHiemstra BRONZE, Kingston, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A day no one wants to remember, a day that has past, there was once a great storm that came empty but left with lives in its hands. Families were torn apart and sadly that’s just it, I was one of the unlucky ones that lived but then vanished. I live in the heart of a town in the dust, so old no one visits but everyone’s to depressed to speak up. I may be dead but I still roam, I still live in a room of my old home. My family can’t see me and I can’t find the words to tell them that I am still here. I really want to talk but I feel like I no longer can. I would do anything to be given another chance, to get the oppitunity to be free once again. My family still remembers the day I left, they try not to talk about it because that would just bring the bad memories back. I can’t take anymore of this pain knowing that my disappearance made everyone of my family’s days a day they want to forget. Family can you see me, can you feel my presence? The storm might be gone but the sadness lives on. The houses that was taken down by the winds and the twirls still sits on the ground growing older. Please work together to get back on your feet so that maybe one day one of us will finally find the words to speak. Family I love you but I can’t stay anymore because I feel that this is all my fault. Will they ever know I was here? Only time will tell....


The author's comments:

This was an ending of a story I wrote at the age of 10 while in Grade 4. I was just surpirsed by this piece when I found it today and thought it wouldbe interesting to share. Maybe other people could enjoy the work of 10 year old me.