Society in the making | Teen Ink

Society in the making

September 7, 2015
By intoxiicatedsoul SILVER, Paragould, Arkansas
intoxiicatedsoul SILVER, Paragould, Arkansas
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person." - Paper Towns, John Green


Growing up in this world is quite tragic but yet so beautiful. We are a generation that is constantly changing rather it is good or bad. From the beginning of this generation we are told not to do this or not to be that beacause it was not society's idea of normal. We are told to be weird, to be different, or to not fit into society's standards but half of this generation thought that was what they were doing but sadly they were just copying society's standards which made them a product of society. But we are so much more than a product or label, even if we are a spec in a galaxy. We have dreams and plans bigger than the galaxy but some do not choose to follow them simply because this generation destroyed the ideas and told them what to becoem. And rather if we are the rise or fall of this generation; we are still a generation and we will still make history. We are history in the making.


The author's comments:

Being a teenager growing up in this society can be horrible but there is so much to learn from it. Our generation is so much more than what we think and we've only discovered part of it. I hope once you read this piece that you are inspired to be yourself and to follow your dreams and let no one ruin them. You are not what people label you, you are what you decide to be.