Depression | Teen Ink

Depression

September 2, 2015
By Keys21 SILVER, Covington, Louisiana
Keys21 SILVER, Covington, Louisiana
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It comes like a wave, a merciless demon; rushing and rushing. It drowns you in its embrace, choking, choking, drowning, drowning. Like a predator waiting for its prey it pounces, it's iron tight grip squeezes until there's nothing left. Run they say, hide they say; fools they are there is no running nor hiding. It roars it's mighty roar as it rips through you leaving a hole. It's soul is black as the night, for the people it leaves behind are broken. Hollowed eyes, paled faces, nothing in their hearts, it kills. You never see it coming, it creeps in like a fog slowly and then all at once. Take shelter in the ones you love; they are your saving grace. The vicious beast sweeps through her tearing and breaking, until there is nothing left but a hollow shell of her former self; another one gone. It continues to feast upon the hearts of its predators taking their life with it, unsatisfied with its hunger it continues. Feasting and feasting, feeding and feeding; there's no escape. It's prowls about the earth raining havoc and destruction. Give in it whispers, give in it taunts; it's never ending chants and taunts are a broken record. The voices drive you mad; give up, give in, your not worth it, you will never be worth it. They hate you, why would they like you, no one loves you; the voices never stop. The sound of your heart breaking fills the air; that devastating sound. It slithers on its belly searching for the broken ones, conquering the broken hearted, feeding on the hopeless, revealing in the pain it's caused. For once you think it's gone, it comes right back swallowing you in its misery. "Stay strong my little one" her mother says to her thirteen year old child as the monster goes through her like a virus. The next morning she finds her dead daughter and a note; " the beast got me" it says. Only the strongest of the strong can conquer this beast, but sometimes even the strongest of the strong will fall. This beast came with the intention to kill and kill it did.