Welcome to High School Popularity | Teen Ink

Welcome to High School Popularity

By JacksonGarske GOLD, Littleton, Colorado
JacksonGarske GOLD, Littleton, Colorado

"Everyday is fancy, you just have to find the occasion."

Welcome to High School Popularity.

The freak over there? 

Total cannibal who has lesbian parents.

The chick with the glasses?

Maybe if she lost 500 pounds she would pass of obese.

The bald guy?

He can't read Or write, which is why he is 22 and still in school.

What? That isn't true?

I don't care. When you are with us, everyone believes you whether you are wrong or not. They let the lives we've created for these people become bigger than that chick with the glasses.

Here is our table, the prime, center-of-the-cafeterria, A-list only table where you can mingle with your kind.

The kind that are the pinnacle of cool.

The kind that are the stars of the football team, cheerleading squad, baseball team, Poms squad, you name it, we have got only the best.

The kind that doesn't have to say sorry when they 'accidentily' knock someone's books out of their arms because it is an honor just to be touched by us.

Yeah, you may destroy some kids, friends, or even some teachers along the way here, or even lose track of what you are doing anymore-- but don't sweat it. You'll be fine here amongst the lies being taken with the swallow of that birth control pill, the rumors passed around the circle with the joint, the gossip transferring from the jock's lips to the cheerleader's lips to the stoner's lips to the pom captain's lips to the jock's you don't wanna know where.

The number of people allowed into the group diminish everyday, so as long as you don't have the target on your back that everyone we just passed placed there, you'll be able to stay. 

So welcome to hell.

I mean, 

Welcome to High School Popularity.