World of Perfection | Teen Ink

World of Perfection

July 20, 2015
By cookie25monster GOLD, Queens, New York
cookie25monster GOLD, Queens, New York
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future, but today is a present that's why its called the present."


Have you ever felt like the world's perfect and bright? Like nothing could ever be wrong in this world of yours. You feel so free, safe, fresh, and clean. You feel like the world is your oyster. And nothing could ever make you question,doubt, or go away from this world.

Then one day you see your world crash in front of your eyes.Something happens and changes your world of perfection. Something disrupts the brightness and brings darkness…

...Darkness, I know it so well; its bitterness on your tongue. It makes you believe nothing could ever be right again. You feel like you're drowning in it and can't come back up into the light you wish for. The light you want and crave for.

That one day that brings darkness is what makes you finally take blinds off and see the world for what it is. And then you feel sad. Sad because you wish for your world of perfection. Your world that never truly existed and if it did, it's just a fragment of your memory now.

That one day, made you see all the wrong in the world and how dirty and disgusting this world is. You see the world isn't free, but a prison with chains and keys, and no one will ever let you go out of the prison of reality. You realize that the world is missing something….a pearl.

The pearl of your oyster…. The light in your darkness.

Some think i'm someone that lives free and happy. No sadness, no tears… no scars or damage of my heart. I am full of sadness and tears and pain. I have too many scars that I will one day bleed from the pain; I am so damaged that my  heart is fragile now. So I protect it from everyone, especially those I love.

I realized the world is nothing but a prison that I will never truly be able to escape. That my world is missing a pearl that is pure and beautiful. That I will one day be consumed by the darkness, unless I find my light. That I’m so guarded, that I will never truly be able to love someone without causing them some pain. I’ve realized that I’m as afraid and lost as many out there.
Afraid because we are missing our beautiful pearl; our light out of the darkness. Lost because we don’t know how to get back to our world that was once so free, safe, fresh, and clean. We don’t know how to get back to our worlds of perfection.


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece a very long time ago when I was going through alot. I never posted it before because I was scared that no one would like or understand it but I've learned recently to have more confidence in my writing so I hope you guys like it.