Crown of Thorns This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

She wore her hair as a crown upon her head
Her golden locks bursting to life as a newborn star
No blemish made a home upon her porcelain skin
I guess they preferred to nestle themselves into the depths of her soul
for it is there that the darkness festers
an inky abyss of discontent that feasts upon the stars drifting through her blood
casting anchors upon her plump rosy cheeks
Beckoning them toward the earth
Waiting for the day where they will inhale the remnants of the supernova’s combustion
Waiting for the day when their job is done

Arrow_fly said...
wow, this is incredible work, and if you think about it, so true

Lost_In_Her_Daydream said...
Jan. 20, 2016 at 11:14 am
This is honestly so beautiful! I am so envious of the way you write, with such passion and on such a deeper level than most people. You've got some major talent! I'd love to read more of your work!

PresCocoRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love how deep it is. Literally. This poem really speaks well, and subtly, on self-esteem. You can try to hide, even in your beauty, but there's always an inky abyss of something not so beautiful on the inside. Wonderful work, ShineOn!

JJMAC said...
WOWwowowowow, nice poem. It was awesome. AKA, it's my life story.