A Thousand Unheard Voices | Teen Ink

A Thousand Unheard Voices

By Kaiser2016 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Kaiser2016 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who judge me. I am the only one who hears them. A thousand unheard voices whisper nothingness into my ear. A thousand who do not belong here. A thousand reasons planted in my head. From the white walls, I can hear them, but Seroquel tells me otherwise and puts me to bed.
Their words are my secret. They put ideas into my thoughts. They tell me to shut up and they tell me it will be all right, don’t worry and do not fright. This is what they say.
Let me forget the reason I am here...they sing with gleeful cheer, each in their own tone, whispering nothingness into my ear, it numbs me to the bone. Obey, obey obey they say. They screech.
When I am too lonely and too tired to keep obeying, when I am one voice against a thousand, then the voices stop saying. When there is nothing left to hear, and the end grows near. A thousand who sang with regret. A thousand who screeched, but I do not forget. A thousand who are no more to me.

If you look closer you can see that this poem that I wrote has a deeper meaning. Look at the smaller details more and you might catch what it's all about. If you don't get it right away, it's about someone who has Schizophrenia and what they might go through.